MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Designated Security Duties for Superyachts
Virtual Training Centre Limited
About the Online PDSD Course:
This 100% Online MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) Course tailored for the Superyacht sector, provides the required knowledge, understanding and proficiency to the yacht's crew & staff who have been entrusted with fulfilling designated security duties on board the superyacht to increase the security and safety of the vessel whilst in port, or at sea. Studies have demonstrated that crewmembers with high-quality training are more proficient in both a stressful environment and during a security-related incident.
This online PDSD Course is fully approved and certified under the UK Department for Transport Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and meets with STCW Reg VI/6. paragraph 4 and Section A-VI/6, paragraphs 6 to 8 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended and incorporates Proficiency in Security Awareness laid down in STCW Reg. VI/6, paragraph 1 Section A.VI/6, paragraph 4.
To give those undertaking designated security duties on board yachts with the essential education and training meeting the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following STCW table, which supports Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
There is no intake restriction, although some sea going experience would be an advantage before undertaking a designated security duties course, and neither is there a requirement for the learner to have completed security awareness training before being enrolled on a designated security duties training course.
The International Ship & Port Security (ISPS) Code, STCW Table A-VI/6-2.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Know why yacht security is important and knows the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
- Know what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the yacht, its personnel and operations.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Know how to maintain the measures in a Ship Security Plan and related requirements.
- Maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, considering their limitations.
GBP 195.00 ex. VAT
This is an e-learning course. Once you have completed your purchase you will receive details on how to access the course.