Port Security Awareness for Non-Security Personnel
Virtual Training Centre Limited
Port Security Awareness Training for Non-Security Personnel:
The course is aimed at anyone working in or frequenting a port facility often to provide them with an understanding of the basic security knowledge that they should possess and implement on a day-to-day basis. This course has been created for all those legally active within the port and/or on a port facility who do not undertake specific security roles but must however possess an understanding of their responsibilities for assisting in maintaining effective security. This course aims to clarify the necessity of port security as described within:
- Regulation 725/2004 (Regulation (EC) No 725/2004 of the European Parliament and the Council of 31 March 2004 on enhancing ship and port facility security).
- Directive 2005/65 (Directive 2005/65/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 26 October 2005 on Enhancing Port Security).
- The International Ship & Port Facility (ISPS) Code.
The course includes Learner Reflection Questions only.
Course Learning Objectives:
This course aims to provide relevant information to the course candidate with regards to the following points:
- The Common Threats to Maritime Security.
- Recognition of Dangerous Goods & Products.
- The Port Facility Security Plan.
- Appropriate Security Measures.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- For the learner to identify and understand the common Threats to Maritime Security.
- For the learner to recognise Dangerous Goods & Products.
- For the learner to understand the requirements within a Port Facility Security Plan.
- For the learner to identify and implement Appropriate Security Measures.
GBP 49.50 ex. VAT
This is an e-learning course. Once you have completed your purchase you will receive details on how to access the course.