Risk Assessment Process for Ship's Crew
Virtual Training Centre Limited
About the Course
This 100% Online MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) Course provides the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency under the learning outcomes of the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) for ship’s crew who do not possess designated security duties. The PSA Course is the mandatory minimum security training requirement for any vessel that adheres to the ISPS Code.
To give those of the ship’s crew and staff who possess security-related duties with a detailed understanding and introduction to risk assessments.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- The learner will understand the principles of risk assessments
- The learner will understand what should be assessed
- The learner will know the elements of a risk assessment
- The learner will understand what a risk assessment pro-forma is
- The learner will know how to classify work activities
- The learner will understand how to identify hazards and estimate risk
- The learner will learn when to assess
- The learner will appreciate the need for thoroughness in a risk assessment
There are three short assessments in this course to test the learner’s retention of information.
Mode of Delivery:
This course is delivered using interactive Learning Management System (LMS). Students follow easy on-screen instructions to progress through the course. The program contains text, still photographs, and animations. The course is delivered 100% online.
Course certification is awarded through the Virtual Training Centre.
GBP 35.00 ex. VAT
This is an e-learning course. Once you have completed your purchase you will receive details on how to access the course.